Monday 10 August 2015

Day 8

So I woke up feeling quite sore and my throat was tight. I had ice cream for breakfast as the nurses didn't want to give me anything too rough. The Doctors came round and explained that the surgery went well. They said that eating did not cause the bleeding. They believe the bleeding was due to my infection, please dont worry though if you get an infection! Bleeding to my extent only happens 3% of the time - I was just unfortunate to be part of that 3%!

They told me that I needed to start eating asap to help heal my throat.
I was on strong painkillers so by about lunch time I was able to each a sandwich. They wanted to keep me in over night again to regularly check my blood pressure and blood levels. I had lost a lot of blood and at one point, they were going to give me a blood transfusion. Luckily, they didn't have to as my body had made up for the loss of blood. I am now on iron tablets though as my iron levels were a little low - which I'm not surprised!


No comments:

Post a Comment