Monday 3 August 2015

Day 5 - recovery

I woke up feeling a tiny bit better! Literally, only a tiny bit. I had been waking up early (or not sleeping) so I went downstairs and managed to eat the rest of my Jelly. I thought ah, we have a break through! By 11:30am I tried some plain chicken soup, I had about half a tin and managed to eat most of it. Again, progress! By about 1pm I managed to have the rest of my soup.
The trouble is, I feel soooo hungry, I just can't swallow! It's really frustrating.

I had a few more teary moments, at this point I have had enough. 5 days of feeling so so rubbish and not being able to swallow is just torture. I'd suffered enough over the past 18 months and I was really feeling sorry for myself. Quite rightly so, it is awful!

I had a tiny bit more bleeding this morning, but nothing major and stopped within about 2 mins. I think it's the scab coming off for something.
I had tried to eat some watermelon that I had cut up into tiny pieces, but I had such bad jaw ache! I literally could not chew. Again, at this point I'm feeling so low, depressed and I just want to feel normal! I hadn't felt normal in over a year and I wasn't sure how much more I could take.

I didn't sleep too good. I kept waking up and I found myself making noises because my throat ached so much. Around 4am I woke up crying because of the pain. Oh, you'll get ear pain too which is a b*****! So painful and achy. Those strong dull aches that you just can't get rid of. My mum rushed in and we got an ice pack to hold against my throat, this helps to relieve the swelling. I had a fresh cup of ice cold water too - this is especially good to reduce bleeding. The nights and mornings do seem to be the worst, I guess this is when you are most tired.

Sip on ice cold water whenever you can. I know each time you swallow is a battle but it will help your recovery. The only thing really getting me through is the hope that I've been through the worst of it now. The past few days have been pretty low. I've never experienced pain like it!!

At this point, my Mum is pretty good to getting to know my made-up sign language. I haven't been able to speak for the past 3 days so I have to mime everything. It's so frustrating! I want my voice back and I want this pain to end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment