Monday 3 August 2015

Day 1 - operation day

So the next morning soon came round. I had to be at the hospital for 7:30am ready for my op. They had told me that I may have to stay over night so I had to pack a bag just in case. When I got there it was a long long wait. I didn't have my op until 12:10pm - that's a long wait when you havent eaten since 10pm the night before! Apparently the operation before me was taking longer then expected so there wasn't anything they could do. I was asked loads of questions about my health, weight, height etc. I also had to do a pregnancy test which they do now with all girls over the age of 12 (yeah 12 right?!)

I was FINALLY called and was taken to the pre-op room where I had all the injections, gas etc to put me to sleep before the surgery. I remember asking so many questions as I was so curious. I felt the pain relief kick in and I started to feel drowsy. I don't even remember falling asleep.

Next thing I know I've woken up in the resting room. Apparently, I had already been speaking to the nurses but I do not remember that lol! I had a little pain when i woke up so she gave me some liquid pain meds and it was hard to swallow because I was so dry! I had to lay there for a while to make sure I was OK, again I was asking the nurse so many questions - I get so curious lol. We ended up having a conversation about tattoos and I really could not believe I had just come out of surgery.
They shortly wheeled me through to my own room where my lovely Mama was waiting. I felt a bit emotional from the meds and very sleepy. The nurse came through to make sure I was OK and got me some water to sip. They also gave me some vanilla ice cream which actually went down pretty well.
I had to rest for a few hours and I managed to have a nap. I did start to feel a little more like myself.

Before I could go home they wanted to see if I could eat anything, I managed to eat a little mash potato and gravy. They sent me home with Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for the pain. I was surprised that they didn't give me anti-biotics though.
That night I was pretty drowsy and had a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment