Monday 3 August 2015

Day 3 - recovery

Oh wow, here comes the pain! My goodness, I've never felt so unwell. My head was hurting, my throat was swollen, I couldn't speak or swallow. I started to get a little scared because I was having heart palpitations. At first, I thought this was just anxiety and the side effects of being on a lot of meds. It then started to get worse and worse. My mum called 111 and they suggested I go straight to A&E. As always, there was a long wait.
I had two ECG tests, a chest x-ray and a load of blood tests. They were testing to see if I had a blood clot in my lung (this is a side effect of surgery apparently). I was so scared and so uncomfortable whilst I was waiting. Thankfully, there was no blood clot!!
They said I did have an infection though so they gave me some anti-biotics, which to be honest i think I should have had in the first place! They also gave me Codeine to take which is a strong pain killer.
Today I noticed I had a lot of mucus, yeah I know it's gross but I'm not holding back on the details lol. I found it very hard to swallow and was such an awful taste!

Today was a really uncomfortable day for me. I hated it.
I remember crying as well because of the pain. I barely ate or drank for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment