Tuesday 4 August 2015

Day 7 - recovery

Morning! So it's 06:52 of day 7. Can't believe I've made it to day 7 lol. I know that sounds dramatic but you often can't see light at the end of the tunnel! I've had my first night in hospital and it wasn't too bad. I've got a room with three others so it's good to have some company. I'm right by a window with a good view so I can't complain! 
As much as Hospitals freak me out - I'm pretty pleased I'm in here. Theyre able to control my meds for me and make sure I'm taking the right stuff! The nurses are lovely too! 

So during the night I had woken up... Twice I think. I went to bed around 22:30 then first woke up at 00:40 so thats not too bad. I had a strong painkiller and then got back off to sleep. I then woke up a second time around 03:40 where they gave me two mouthwashes - one was pink (not sure what its called) and the other is green difflam. That seemed to calm the pain and got me back off to sleep. The nurses then came round at 06:30 where I had some paracetamol and again some more of the mouth washes. It was perfect timing because I did feel pretty sore! 

My stomach did feel better for eating yesterday. I had two sandwiches in total! Such good progress. I took a look at my throat last night and it did look a little clearer. I think the solid food had taken away a lot of the nasty stuff! Breakfast is around 8am so I'll try something to eat. I'll keep you updated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment