Monday 10 August 2015

Day 7 - recovery continued

So, it's taken me a few days to build up the strength to write this update. Needless to say day 7 was the worst day of my life - not even exaggerating. At round 10:30am I noticed I was bleeding a little. The nurse told me to keep rinsing my mouth out with water and to let her know should the bleeding get worse. It did. It got a lot worse within the matter of minutes. I found myself being sick, yet it was literally just blood and blood clots. I was literally pulling the blood clots of out my mouth which was disgusting. I was crying my eyes out because I was so scared and had no idea what was happening. I was waiting for the Doctor which felt like a life time! I was told to gargle with some kind of hydroxide formula which is supposed to stop the bleeding, they were also putting some medication through my cannula which was supposed to help. These things did nothing. I was heavily bleeding for around 30mins - I started to feel so light headed. Suddenly it was panic stations and they rushed me into surgery, that was the only way to stop this bleeding. I had already filled about 6 bed pans of blood by this point.

It all seems a little bit of a blur, I was in total shock and could not believe this was happening to me! All the blood looked like something out of a horror film. It was the most scariest experience.
The surgery went well and the bleeding had stopped. I could still taste blood in my mouth from before. My throat felt tighter as they had to pull extra skin across to seal the wound. I was so so tired after the surgery, more so then the first time.
I ate ice cream for the rest of the day and just rested as much as I could. I was so so pleased to see my parents when I came out of surgery. Going through that experience with no one around me was awful. Although, I'm pleased my parents didn't have to witness what had happened!

This day was by far the worst. I knew it couldn't get much worse so things could only get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment